Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Anna's Birth


We met Alisa about 6 years ago and she quickly became part of our family.  Alisa took care of our three girls once a week for about 2 1/2 years.  Chris (husband) and I would go on a date-with three little ones at home, we quickly realized that it was easy to overlook each other.   All three girls adored Alisa.  She would bring projects for them every week and even had them make Christmas gifts for us-so sweet (we still have them!).  We lost touch until this past June when I received an email saying that she was pregnant and would like some newborn pictures taken after her delivery.  
(I had been writing out my photography goals over the winter and photographing a birth was at the top of my list!)
Dear Alisa-Newborn pictures.....what about BIRTH pictures??!!
Thankfully Alisa and Matt said "yes" to my being in the room for Anna's Birth!
Thank you Alisa, Matt and Anna for sharing your AMAZING BIRTH with me!  

Anna
August 10th, 2014
3:03 AM Text from Alisa
3:34 AM I arrive at Maine Medical Center in Portland
It was a misty rainy night
4:13 AM Contractions were 2 minutes apart
4:50 AM Alisa is 10 centimeters
5:10 PUSH
6:28 AM Happy Birthday Anna!!!

















No comments:

Post a Comment